Sunday 18 August 2019

I am a young Chinar tree

I am a young Chinar tree. In August, I draw my blood-red from hues of nature and not from innocent blood. Blood is your sport. I don't even have blood in me. But as nature's sentinel when I see it, I have to report. Standing in the middle of nature's wonder, as I look around, the captivating beauty of Kashmir brings involuntary blush which you see as red in my leaves. My sensuous red is fading under unbearable gun smoke and resulting mourns of mothers & screams of kids. For centuries, my ancestors have seen these Pheran robed people of Kashmir, struggling for a breath of 'free air'. Rest of you can breath that free air but they can't. Even laws of the wild don't usurp the right to free air. I don't understand your discriminatory laws. Besides adding to the beauty of the land, I discharge fresh breathing air every day without discriination of dharam and ideology of those who inhale it. I don't ask for color or creed of inhahlers before letting a part of me to reach your lungs. I don't understand your biases. Don't confuse me with your sense of everything. Don't confuse me with your knowledge of the world. I will not buy your shady logics for I come from the flora of a Valley you call heaven. Heaven is not meant to endure sufferings of earthlings. Heaven dwellers are the special ones but you have revoked their special status. These Pheran robed heaven dewellers have sufferers alot. I may not be able to change your mind but as duty bound sentinel, I will stand as witness to atrocities of some & inaction of others.
I am just a young Chinar tree in the Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment