Monday 26 September 2022

Major Khurram Shahzad Shaheed

 

Woke up with the sonorous sound of my cell phone after Fajar today (Monday) 26 September 2022. Next door neighbour Sheraz Bhai announced that Khurram Shahzad has embraced Shahadat. Since Major Khurram was an Aviation pilot so my instinctive question was about a crash but he wasn’t aware of further details. Then the thought train took a full tour about this amazing individual. 

I knew him as long as he was born back in 1983. Grew up just next door. His family went through hard times but I only remember one thing about him, his smile. For four decades from being a child to a be gown up field officer, I don’t have single memory of him without a genuine and warm smile. My heart went out for his mother who went through a lot to see him where he reached. And his two younger brothers who didn’t have words when I embraced them except crying for their loving brother and I didn’t have words enough to comfort them. 

And when I finally lowered his casket to the grave with other three people holding it from each side, I broke down. Hugged his younger brother a cried my heart out. No analysis. No conclusions. Nothing to share today except emotions of compassion and empathy.

Despite all the mourning, I knew he has achieved what chosen ones can. All of us have to go. How we go there means so much. In the end, all of us shall be woken up from the deep slumber but he would be alive all this time. What an honour. What a privilege. May Allah give comfort to all bereaved. May Allah give special strength to his mother. May Allah accept his sacrifice. May He swt keep him among the very best. May he get that seven star adobe (Jannat ul Firdous). May he become the reason to take all his family to Jannah. Ameen ya Rab ul Alameen. 

May his sacrifice make the difference for future of Pakistan. Ameen. 


1 comment: